Author Topic: Seyco Saw  (Read 4343 times)

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Seyco Saw
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:04:35 am »
Well, another delay. Another two month wait for the new Seyco saw.... I'm going through withdrawal so it's off to Lowe's and a new DeWalt for me. I'm sure Ray will have a great saw, when, it comes out, but I've waited too many months already. So, guess a lost sale but a new saw for me......
Cut once...period

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: Seyco Saw
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:33:11 am »
It has been a long time coming.  Maybe they want to take it to a few show first to get reactions.  I would prefer the angle gauge thing would be an option.  I have one of those and it you don't take the battery out when not in use they don't last very long. Plus I've had my Ex for over three years now and have only tilted the head once.  I can use a protractor to do that. 
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 09:13:06 pm »
Went to a show in Texas today Ray had the new saw there just the proto type but it seems like a nice saw finally a saw designed by a scroller has some new nice features

Offline OPi

• View Profile
    • Mahogany and Birch
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:30:36 pm »
Just saw on the Seyco Website - List price; $1159 - Special Price $929
Had a chance to see the saw, or should I say I saw the saw - whatever - at a Woodcarver show in Grapevine, Tx. The large work surface is definitely a design by a scrollsawer. The saw is integrated with the stand and vibration is minimal. It is one fine machine. The rocker arm parts are the same as the Excaliber so if you have one of those, which I do, parts for the EX are not a problem. After the parts I just purchased wear out, I'll be putting in my order for the Seyco. A percentage of everything I sell will go into a fund to purchase the Seyco Saw.
And Ray is a very nice man.
Turning itty-bitty lines into sawdust. There is a fine line between aweSOME and aweFUL (this is especially true when using a scrollsaw).

Offline johndimuzio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:22:22 pm »
I received my Seyco Fri.  Before memorial day. Since I'm an old geezer, it took me longer to assemble and tune as perfectly as I could. The saw is smoothe and  very quiet. Just sold my Dewalt yesterday. Looking forward to many hours and projects on this machine.
A caution.....if anyone has  a pacemaker or other implanted medical device that can be affected by magnetism, please be aware that the motor has a very strong magnetic field. (So does the Dewalt). Keep a safe distance. The magnetic top cover is almost non existent. I tried to attract a scroll blade and it fell in my hand.
Hope all y'all enjoy yours when you get it.

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 09:52:34 am »
I got mine put together on the 5th.  It is not as easy to assemble as other scroll saws that you pull out of a box and mount on a stand.  It took me a while.  But worth the work.  I think it would be a good idea for Steve to edit his assembly video, to make it a little shorter, put it on a disc and make a deal with Seyco to add a disc as part of their packaging.  I watch Steve's video and then referred back to it a couple times while assembling mine and it really helped me.  I did the bench top mount because I have a stand I built for my Excalibur that I really like.  This saw works just as well on my cabinet.  I love the big table.  Not sure about the magnetic top.  Just does not seem as slick as a waxed metal top.  I waxed it and it helped a little.  I think my biggest concern is the tilting of the table.  I rarely do it but the Ex was so nice to be able to just turn a knob to make the adjustment.  I do not think this saw is going to be that easy to get it adjusted to just where a person wants it, I shall see when I need to do it.

So far, I love the saw, I loved my Excalibur also and this is a good replacement. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:57:59 am by scrappile »

Offline GrampaJim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 02:43:29 pm »
I received my Seyco Fri.  Before memorial day. Since I'm an old geezer, it took me longer to assemble and tune as perfectly as I could. The saw is smoothe and  very quiet. Just sold my Dewalt yesterday. Looking forward to many hours and projects on this machine.
A caution.....if anyone has  a pacemaker or other implanted medical device that can be affected by magnetism, please be aware that the motor has a very strong magnetic field. (So does the Dewalt). Keep a safe distance. The magnetic top cover is almost non existent. I tried to attract a scroll blade and it fell in my hand.
Hope all y'all enjoy yours when you get it.

Interesting about pacemakers. I have been running a Dewalt for the past 4 years with out it effecting my pacer.   Different makes and models of pacemakers might be the issue? 
Jim

Offline shoe2728

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 09:27:59 am »
Was waiting for Steve's video on using the new Seyco saw, before I ordered one. Not seen yet. I see assembly may require some time. Has anyone else noticed the bump in the mat that Seve pointed out and had to go back and add washers. What about blade changing and bottom/top feeding. I have a old Hawk 21 and want to update but no sure now. Steve has given in depth reviews on other saws but not this one. So looking for inputs from other people on which saw to update to. Thanks for any info.

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 10:54:19 am »
He did one a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTO6ge8aOsI&t=1100s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU8XiqMySKs

I have the Seyco and it is a great saw.  Very much like the Excalibur with a nice big table.   Mine came with the washers and instructions that you use to raise the table with.

The assembly is more involved than other scroll saws, takes a little more time, but very doable.  Watching Steve Good's assembly video really helped me.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:57:01 am by scrappile »

SMF

Teknoromi