Author Topic: Just another retiree in Illinois  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Dave the Bass

• View Profile
Just another retiree in Illinois
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:37:36 am »
I'm Dave.  I've finally signed up for the forum after years of getting daily e-mails from the Workshop.  I believe I have been scrolling for over 7 years.  I started with a new Delta, upgraded to a new DeWalt 788, and last Saturday obtained a Hawk 226VS.  It is like new, but sat around for many years because the wife, for whom it was purchased, did not like to scroll.  She allegedly only used it for 5 hours.  I removed a rusted blade and things got complicated, as I could apply no tension to the new or old blade.  My replacement screws should arrive by Friday and I am crossing my fingers that this will fix my problem.  Yesterday I spoke with a very nice person at Hawk and if I have any further problems, I will call her back.

I really enjoy word art and making name plates and trivets.  It is amazing how your interest in scrolling peaks when your saw works properly.  Every Christmas for the past few years I have made presents out of wood for our children & grandchildren.  By the time I leave this world, there will be enough wood in their homes to start a huge bonfire!  When I give someone an item I have made, I tell them it is a blessing and a curse.  Every time they see the item, they will think of me!

I am Dave the Bass because I have sung bass in several quartets over the past 40 years.

:)Dave
Dave

Offline Chuck Hans

• View Profile
Re: Just another retiree in Illinois
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:13:05 pm »
Welcome Dave.
. I'm fairly new here too

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum Dave.  I think you'll find lot's of help here if you need it.

I am Dave the Bass because I have sung bass in several quartets over the past 40 years.

I'm glad you mentioned that as I thought we were reaching out to the under water community.  ::)

Karl

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:53:02 am »
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Congratulations on the new saw. 

Offline Dennis123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:03:45 am »
Hope you enjoy your 'new' Hawk as much as I enjoy mine.  I've had a Hawk 220 for nearly 15 years now and never had any problems.  Hopefully yours will be every bit as dependable.

Dennis

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 11:35:19 am »
Welcome to the forum Dave, I'm Al from So Calif.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline Natfine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 05:05:11 am »
Welcome Dave I am Nathan from South Africa. Enjoy

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:13:31 am »
Welcome Dave! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline Sawdust#2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »
Welcome Dave.  I am John aka Sawdust from St Cloud, MN.  I've been scrolling for about 5 years.  My four year old Delta saw is being rebuilt at the time of this message.  The problem seems to be insufficient grease in the bearings from the factory.

John

SMF

Teknoromi