Author Topic: Rose for You  (Read 1502 times)

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Rose for You
« on: February 18, 2017, 09:34:50 am »
Hello all,

I used one of Steve's great patterns to make a sign for my wife for Valentine's Day. It turned out really nice. Instead of using a backer board, I used a very sparkly sheet of poster paper from Michael's. IT really sets off the sign.I may start trying different colors on different patterns, such as Blue on fish scenes, Green on basic signs, and so on. There are lots of colors to choose from. You can't really see it in the photo, but when the light hits the sign, it sparkles...

I bought several sheets of Red from Michael's. These were about $1.90 a sheet 12x12. While walking through Walmart, I found some similar paper so I bough a package for $.98 for two 12x12 sheets. Once I got home, I noticed that the Walmart sheets were very dull compared to the Michaels papers. They really didn't do the sign justice so I used the Michael's sheets. Guess you get what you pay for.
Cut once...period

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: Rose for You
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:31:16 am »
Really looks nice.  I wish the picture was bigger, then maybe a person could see the sparkles.  Great job scrolling and finishing.
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Rose for You
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 02:33:23 pm »
Very nicely done.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

SMF

Teknoromi