Author Topic: Picture in Post  (Read 2637 times)

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Picture in Post
« on: February 15, 2017, 09:30:49 am »
Hi Steve,

I am trying to include a picture in a posting. It is about 100KB in size. I go to the attachment link, pick the file but then it doesn't show up when I preview the post. I went to your "adding picture" to message link and it just brought up an intro to the Blog, nothing about adding a photo. Sooooo, how do I include a photo in my post??? Thanks again, Jeff
Cut once...period

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Re: Picture in Post
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 08:07:15 am »
Well, apparently no one knows how to do this so guess I'll just forget adding photo's.....
Cut once...period

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:32:17 am »
Perhaps your picture is too large.  A quick search of the forum for image size came up with this post.  http://www.stevedgood.com/community/index.php?topic=14707.msg139110#msg139110

To post a larger image, many people use use an on-line image hosting service.  Sorry I can't think of any at the moment but they are out there, just do a search.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline wedo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:40:50 am »
Sorry for the lack of reply's. The stated limit is 320x240 pixels which is about 75kb in size, so you are being rejected because that is being exceeded. The easy way to reduce size is using paint (which should be on your computer). Just call it up, in upper left corner there is a drop down arrow, use that to see the menu, click on open, go select your image. Then use the  resize button (just right of the open button), make sure you are using the pixel sizes and type in either 320 or 240 into the correct box and hit enter. Save and use that to load into your message. Hope this helps.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:50:51 am »
I store my pictures in "Photobucket" and have no problems.
I open a post (or reply) then open photo bucket (hit the + sign at the top of this page)
Find the picture you want from the library.
Tap on "IMG" at the right of the page ( last one at the bottom) and when it says "copy" I hold down on "ctrl" and hit "c".
Then go back to the post and hold down on "ctrl" and hit "v"
And WALA! There it is!

At first it looks like two rows of computer geek but, when you hit "preview" or "post" it comes to life!
I guess "c" means copy and "v" means view but, I'm not sure.
By the way, this picture is the first thing I ever cut a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago. :)

An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:25 pm »
As with what Roger has brought up you can upload your picture to a host and just use a link to insert your picture with little to no difficulty.  I use Postimage.org - its free and you do not have to worry about the picture size this way.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 10:43:29 am »
I agree with DW. Photobucket is also free and no hassle with sizing on any of the sites that I use.

You might also notice that my pictures are larger than most on this site.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:46:17 am by Rapid Roger »
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi