Author Topic: Steves' guitar pattern...  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Steves' guitar pattern...
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:51:09 am »
I wasn't sure were to make this post...PATTERNS ? BRAG ? or some place else...so, I'll just put it here and hope it inspires others to try things.
I really liked Steve's pattern of the guitar idea this morning. It reminded me of one I made several years ago.
Steve has made guitar patterns in the past and they gave me inspiration to try and add to his patterns myself.
I made this one for a Christmas present for my son who was a guitar player in a band at the time. (It was Christmas 2010) And it might give other people ideas to expand their own work.

The body is solid cherry with a clock works imbedded in the back side and the numbers cut into it and holes drilled @ 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11. I used a forester bit (drilled part way through) for the sound hole  The strings are thin (safety) wire and the tuners are pieces of tooth picks with round pieces glued on. And the frets are small pieces of wire imbedded into the neck. I glued a mounting block at the top of the neck for hanging it on a nail in the wall.

I don't have anything against patterns as such, and for someone just starting out, they are a necessity. But, I like to see "One off" things that people come up with and it really isn't too hard to do. Just take some time, two or three patterns of a subject, and use the things that you like about each one. AND DO YOUR OWN THING! :)

Rog

An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi