Author Topic: Hawk Owners...  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
Hawk Owners...
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:24:00 pm »
...perhaps you can help me with by blower nozzle issue.  It ain't working. 

Doesn't appear to be blowing any air through to clear the sawdust, and I'm too short winded to do it myself all the time.

I removed the nozzle from it's attachment on the arm and made sure it was clear by blowing air through it.  That worked.  But when I run the saw, there's no air coming out of where the nozzle is attached to the saw at all.  If this isn't making any sense, I will try for pictures in the next post.

Anyway, if you've had any issues with the air nozzle on a Hawk 220, did you purchase and install the loc-line upgrade kit?  Or any other suggestions?  Thanks. 
Scrolling has its perks

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk Owners...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:09:36 am »
with the saw running, can you feel air from the air line? If not, most likely the bellows are shot. They are easy to change out, & available from Hawk.
Sawdust703(Brad)

Offline Coffeepot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 09:08:37 am »
Thank you, sawdust703, that's what I was trying to say in the 3rd paragraph, and you put it much better.

Correct, there is no air coming from the airline when the saw is running. 

I have had this saw for over a dozen years, so perhaps you are right that it's time for a new bellows. 

Thank you again.
Scrolling has its perks

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:21:28 am »
My first saw was a Dremal, still have it sitting in the corner taking up space, Had blower problems changed bellows but it neer really blew enough air to my satisfaction. Solved the problem with an air pump from a fish tank. just snap tied it to the upper arm of the saw and taped the small air tube to the existing blower tube. worked like a charm

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 04:14:27 pm »
I mounted an $8 hair dryer to the floor lamp next to my saws. Blows away the dust much better for me than any other thing I have tried.  My foot switch turns it off and on along with the light and saw.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline Coffeepot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:13:37 pm »
Wow!  Fish tank air pump and blow dryers.  You all are really creative. :)   Thanks for some other options.
Scrolling has its perks

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 10:34:08 pm »
If you get the fish tank pump get the bigger air pump the one for smaller tanks works but not really that great, learned my lesson had to go get the bigger pump and it worked great when I had my craftsman saw. So far the air pump on the EX is a good one.

SMF

Teknoromi