Author Topic: Patterns  (Read 1798 times)

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
Patterns
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »
I was wondering when you cut a pattern out do you cut on the line or just out side it, I made Steve's casket with skeleton and when I glued inner lid to the lid and placed it on top it was real lose help please.

Offline Dennis123

• View Profile
Re: Patterns
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:08:29 pm »
I think it all depends on your pattern and how it's drawn.  If I know I'm going to be 'fitting' parts from a pattern, I'll usually cut two or, three small parts (or, pieces of parts) to see how they fit and then I can tell if I need to cut inside, outside or right on the lines.  If the parts to be assembled are fairly straight (rather than curved) it's pretty easy to cut a little large and then sand down to needed size on a disc or belt sander.

Dennis

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 01:06:00 am »
Thanks

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:43:19 am »
The main thing to realize on the question that you posed is to be consistent.  If you are cutting on the line, cut all on the line, if you cut to the left of the line continue to do so, if you cut to the right continue to do so.  The more consistent and accurate you are when cutting the better every thing you cut will be.  In reality it is practice that counts the most.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:08:18 am »
thank you

SMF

Teknoromi