Author Topic: dust extraction  (Read 2045 times)

Offline brummie

• View Profile
dust extraction
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:19:33 am »
recently passing into my 80 I find I have problem with dust.I have a vac which attach to each machine as I use it ,
 and I always wear a respirator.I do suffer with asthma and chest problems , never been a problem.Would a fan in the workshop help if so what sort of fan would do the job

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
Re: dust extraction
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:36:06 am »
I used a 20" square box fan and mounted a furnace filter to the back of it. I turn it so that it blows away from the saw and sucks "most" of the dust away. It needs to be about 3 foot (or less) from the saw to be effective but, that makes it easier to turn off and on anyway. It is fairly quiet and has three speeds for the desired dust removal.
Hope that helps or at least gives you an idea or two.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 09:17:39 am »
I have a box fan with a filter attached to the back and have it sitting in a window in front of my saw. I tried using a shop vac attached to the dust port on my saw, but, have burned out two vac motors. ( I guess the stopping and starting since it was plugged into my foot pedal) I also have an air filtering machine right above my saw attached to the rafters and it catches a lot of the small dust. I wear a dust mask and goggles. T believe a good mask is the best protection, but make sure it is for woodwork.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline sistermaide

• Scrolling and Turning, my favorites!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:16:11 am »
I went to the woodworking tool show,  8) and this year there is a guy there that has made a wonderful vacuum accessory for the Dewalts, and Deltas.  :)  He is working on some for other machines, so what ever machine you have, maybe he would be the one to talk to.  ;) I picked one up for my Dewalt, but haven't had time to install it yet.   :-\  I plan to use it at the shows for the demos that I do.  ;D  If you have seen some of Steve's videos, you may have seen it, it is called the Scrollnado.  :)  It is the best system I have seen yet!  ;D
I can't remember the saws he is researching, but he did say that he is not working on one for the Eclipse, so I guess I am out of luck for my favorite, unique saw.  :(
You all can probably tell, that I like the smiley faces, thanks Steve, for including them!!  8)  ;D  :-*  ;)  :)  :D  8)

Diane
You can't start a project any sooner than now! ;)

SMF

Teknoromi