Author Topic: Newbie here  (Read 2420 times)

Offline jerr7

• View Profile
Newbie here
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:53:20 pm »
Hi just like to say hello, been looking on site for weeks now I been looking at all the designs and scroll work here. I just started to get into scroll work and  purchased the Porta Cable scroll saw . Now is what i can afford lol. Im 75 and seems like the best choice at this time. I looked at Steves U tube channel and learned a lot so now I'm on here together some ideas. In on Long island NY .I looking to get your DVD i have Mac OSx so i don't know if the DVD is worth it. I also have a Desk top which is Windows so i guess that will work. Anyway i hope to get to know you all
Jerry

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Re: Newbie here
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 03:44:05 pm »
Hi Jerry,

Welcome to our group!  I'm sure you'll learn lots of tips here.  You've already found You Tube videos, and those can be a big help.  Mostly this hobby is just learned by putting in the hours at the saw, refining your technique.  Nice that Steve offers lots of free patterns to get you started.
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:49:37 pm »
Hi Jerry,

As another antique (68 yrs) I think you will find this blog a big help in your scroll saw hobby. I have learned a lot not just from the YouTube videos, but by conversations with other members. As far as the DVD, he also makes one for the MAC. I, too, have a MAC and a (shudder) PC but like the to use the MAC. I'm sure if you look at the DVD instruction video, you'll see how it works on the Apple... Take care and welcome to the group

Dr. Jeff Popa
Cut once...period

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:39:17 am »
Hi Jerry and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:20 am »
Welcome Jerry! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline jerr7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 07:01:00 pm »
Thank you for the Welcome gentleman i hope to do somethings  on practicing curves and lines to get the feel;
Thanks again

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:34:25 pm »
Gentlemen?  Do Julie and Nancy sound like men's names to you?  Just giving you a bad time...not to worry:)
Nancy
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

SMF

Teknoromi