Author Topic: Replacement parts for Excalibur  (Read 14476 times)

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Replacement parts for Excalibur
« on: January 27, 2017, 11:52:47 pm »
Hello all,

I sent Ray at Seyco an email concerning ordering spare parts for my EX-21 since they are no longer being manufactured. This was mainly the clamping assemblies top and bottom and brushes for the motor....... his comment, in addition to sending along the pricing info, was that even though the Excalibur will not be made any longer, the new Seyco saw using most of the same parts and spares for the Excalibur saws will not be a problem. Just in case anyone else was concerned about spare parts down the road.....
Cut once...period

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Replacement parts for Excalibur
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:29:53 pm »
Good to know, i read somewhere somebody had emailed him asking the same thing he said replacement parts will not be a issue. Which I hope not since right now my EX is in storage with the rest of what I own and could be a couple years before can use it again, and hope by then I can get parts for it when the time comes. If not I won't be too happy, as who knows when I would or if could get another saw.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:54:02 pm »
How do we get on in other counties where we deal through agents they will not care about spare parts and the international postage is very expensive

Offline OPi

• View Profile
    • Mahogany and Birch
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:58:50 pm »
I posted this in a different thread back on March 9.

"Had a chance to see the saw, or should I say I saw the saw - whatever - at a Woodcarver show in Grapevine, Tx. The large work surface is definitely a design by a scrollsawer. The saw is integrated with the stand and vibration is minimal. It is one fine machine. The rocker arm parts are the same as the Excaliber so if you have one of those, which I do, parts for the EX are not a problem."

Ray is a very nice man.
Turning itty-bitty lines into sawdust. There is a fine line between aweSOME and aweFUL (this is especially true when using a scrollsaw).

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 02:33:20 pm »
This is at least encouraging.  I bought an EX-21 a little over a year ago, with the intention that it would be the last scroll saw I should ever need.  Once I heard that they were being discontinued, I fretted (pun intended) over the long term viability of my new saw.  Perhaps I made a big mistake not going with a Hegner or a Hawk?  I know Ray is focused on customer service and it stands to reason that he wouldn't leave thousands of loyal EX customers out in the cold, but still I'm not happy about the situation with the EX.  The fact that the Seyco uses many of the same parts is good....for the time being.  Invariably there will be changes to that design and as long as he maintains backward compatibility, so that the older EX saws can be supported, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

Offline spartanscroller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 08:43:25 am »
I am with you Billy. Wanted and EX for a long time and finally bought one. Not even a month later I started hearing about trouble with the manufacturer in Taiwan. I knew then i was in trouble and sure enough the next thing i hear is they were gone. Somewhere at General Industries in Canada a sales rep is laughing and saying "gotcha Yank!" I'm really disgusted with that company but have managed to get use out of it after replacing the lower blade clamp assembly. Like most people, I over tightened the blade when it wouldn't hold so that was on me. Seyco came through for me with a replacement part. I know that damn salesman from General Knew these were going to be discontinued when I bought it.
Eventually replacement parts are going to run out and they won't be replaced and I'll be stuck with a boat anchor. Caveat Emptor.
Regards
Terry

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 11:18:08 am »
So, if you are really worried, start buying some replacement parts now and stock up.  at least on the items most likely to fail. 
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

Claymore

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 01:58:49 pm »
I got my Axminster EX30 earlier this year and its basically a rebadged Excalibur EX30 with a NVR switch and different paint, Axminster said they will have no problems getting spares for any of their range including their EX16/EX21/EX30 along with their other scrollsaws so if you get stuck for parts you could always contact Axminster UK.
Cheers
Brian

Offline Ajh007

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 01:08:19 pm »
I recently acquired an EX21 to replace my wife's Delta P20. The saw is used but in very good condition. However, the previous owner did not have the work hold down assembly and my wife uses that faithfully. I spoke to Ray this morning and he said that everyone takes them off and they just don't carry those parts. Does anyone on the forum have an idea where I may be able to find them?

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 01:48:24 pm »
Were are you located?

I took mine off day 1 and I would have to look for it.

I teach Scrolling and the first thing I talk about is taking off the hold down.  It was a requirement to have them on at a Boy's club that our club gave lessons at and the only injuries I have ever seen is kids getting their fingers caught when the blade caught the wood.

I do a lot on 3d cutting and I think the hold down would not give me the clearance I need.

Offline Ajh007

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 03:20:17 pm »
I am in Northern Idaho. I scroll with a Hegner Polymax 3 and have never used the hold down. My wife, however, insists on using hers. Would you be interested in selling yours? She would need the whole setup, the rod, the foot, the special screw that the rod goes through to lock it in place etc. Please let me know and thank you very much for your reply.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 11:26:23 pm »
I went and looked in the obvious spot were I keep some extra parts for my EX-21 and it is not there. No idea if I even have any more.

The other issue is that I am in Canada and International shipping is a pain. 

You might want to ask the question on Scroll Saw Village as I see on the members map that there are a few members in Washington and in Idaho.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 07:54:33 am »
I live in Canada as well and have a Seyco. I never mounted the hold down and never will. you can have it for the shipping cost. I will go to the Post Office today to get an ider so.a of shipping cost. I am sure that would be the cheapest but may take a week o

Offline Ajh007

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 12:46:22 pm »
Thank you so much for your help. Norm, just let me know what the shipping costs will be and I'll arrange to get you paid ASAP. If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.

Offline Ajh007

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 12:48:10 pm »
Don,

Thanks for looking and thanks for the help. Norm has offered me his hold down and that is a real blessing. I am sincerely amazed by the help I've received from you and Norm.

Best Regards,

Jim

SMF

Teknoromi