Author Topic: Excalibur Adjustment  (Read 1305 times)

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Excalibur Adjustment
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:54:12 pm »
Steve,

On Page 13 of the Excalibur, it states that by turning the black knob at the rear of the saw, you can raise the blade by up to 1", allowing you to use another portion of the saw blade. Have you ever tried this? I just adjusted the lower arm to parallel, and was wondering if this is a viable option to get more use out of the blade.

Thanks for the help,

Dr. Jeff Popa
Cut once...period

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Excalibur Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:49:51 pm »
But Ray at Seyco says once that knob is set and the arm is parallel no need to touch it again, but have heard others do like the book says.

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Re: Excalibur Adjustment
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:48:51 pm »
This saw has an adjustment knob K in the rear that can raise the blade mount up to 1” (25 mm). This allows you to fine tune blade tension when needed, as well as to reposition the saw blade at a point where you can use a different part of the blade in the cutting area. This also allows you to use a piece of band saw blade, cut to a length of 5”- 6” (127-150 mm) in your saw, and gives you up to 3 inch cutting capacity when needed.

This is the wording from the Excalibur manual. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this to get more life from an expensive blade.
Cut once...period

SMF

Teknoromi