Author Topic: Modified Excalibur  (Read 1099 times)

Offline apopj

• I support the THIN BLUE LINE
    • View Profile
Modified Excalibur
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:23 pm »
HI Steve...

I don't doubt you've already been asked this, or perhaps thought about it in your testing, but, since the new Jet saw looks so very similar to the Excalibur, is there a possibility that you could order replacement parts and change out the thumb screw blade mount on the Excalibur and convert it to the new style on the Jet? I think this would be the best of both worlds, quick tensioning and top feeding as well. I did notice that you mentioned top feeding in your review, but some of my projects (using your patterns and the Resizer App) can reach 2 foot by 2 foot and that is a little large to be lifting to feed the blade through the bottom, especially complex shapes.
So, what do you think? Is it possible for a reasonable cost? Thanks for all the help,

Dr. Jeff Popa
Cut once...period

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Modified Excalibur
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:52:24 pm »
One thing for the Jet saw with that blade set up is the slot in the table, EX saw does not have this so you would have to feed the blade from under the table through the hole to clamp it in, unless the table on the Jet is the same as the one on the EX. One person I know would be able to tell you is Ray at Seyco.

SMF

Teknoromi