Author Topic: New Guy from Georgia  (Read 1721 times)

Offline JPetrick

• View Profile
New Guy from Georgia
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:51:18 am »
Hello everyone.  My name is John and I live in Dallas, Georgia. I have just recently gotten into scrolling.  As with other pursuits I started browsing the web studying this craft extensively when I began.  Luckily I found Steve's wonderful site.  He is a genius in my opinion.  He is so good at explaining and demonstrating things and is genuinely dedicated to promoting the craft.  I have an new DeWalt 788 on order and have just "retired" my Ryobi SC165VS.  i really look forward to learning a lot from all of you.  Thanks for looking at my post and for being willing to share your experiences with those of us just starting out. 

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: New Guy from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 08:12:24 pm »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline mangliter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:21:15 am »
Welcome John, like you I have retired my Ryobi too a Dee Walt 788.  Now the Ryobi does the sanding for me and I do all the cutting with the 788.  I have added two clamp work lights above each side of the table with day light bulbs, along with a 2x magnifier, to help me.  You enjoy scrolling and all the different things a can make.

Offline JPetrick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:47:31 am »
mangliter:

Thanks for the response.  My DeWalt is on order from Lowe's.  Should have it in a couple days.  I had made a stand for the Ryobi and would like to modify the top to accomodate the DeWalt.  Would it be too much to ask you to measure the footprint of your 788 for me?  The only dimensions I seem to be able to find on line are obviously not just the footprint which I'd need to modify my existing stand. 

John

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 06:11:34 am »
Hi John and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

SMF

Teknoromi