Author Topic: Honda C50 Moped Intarsia 2  (Read 1437 times)

Claymore

Honda C50 Moped Intarsia 2
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:49:37 pm »
Hi,
Finally finished this Intarsia, the customer ordered 2 of them (same bike but different views) its approx 16" x 16" x 1 1/2" solid Beech with a bit of Oak and walnut thrown in  :) .
Although not as detailed as some of my other bikes the mopeds were tricky to get the feeling of depth on the leg shields but I am happy with them so hopefully her dad will like his.
This will be the last of the bikes for a long while as the wildlife work is mounting up and I need to concentrate on them, having said that I will be starting the Welsh Dragon one as its to be ready for a trade fair in February...... I will test the new EX30 on it the wider table will help to support the thick Beech plus it gives me an excuse to play with the new toys lol. I will soon be training Ruth to do them so she can help me out with the smaller stuff like the Hares and dogs.... she`s never used a scrollsaw before so it will be fun seeing how she reacts when the blade snaps  :lol:  :twisted:
As usual the photo was taken before final wax finish (to stop light reflecting) hence it looks a bit dull..... once they are waxed it makes the colours pop but gets reflections.

Cheers
Brian

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: Honda C50 Moped Intarsia 2
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 09:42:49 am »
Awesome work. Great choice of woods and shaping. Your customer will love them!!!
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Claymore

Re: Honda C50 Moped Intarsia 2
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 03:19:35 pm »
Cheers  aye hopefully the customer will like them.

Brian
ps the Beech is from Portugal and is very fine grain and VERY hard wood.... I am making the Welsh Dragon for the Beech wood suppliers ready for their trade show. My new EX 30 saw is being delivered on Tuesday morning so looking forward to testing it out...

SMF

Teknoromi