Author Topic: 40" Red Kite  (Read 2329 times)

Claymore

40" Red Kite
« on: October 04, 2016, 01:38:51 pm »
Hi.
Here`s this weeks Red Kite Intarsia, Used Oak/Walnut/Beech/Sycamore and Spruce  the feet and eye/beak are all Corian . Measures 40" x 26" x 1 1/2"
Next year I am making a life sized Osprey complete with fish to be ready in time for the real birds arrival mid year and my first trials of some new irredescant lacquar is promising, this is for the fish scales a bit of added bling lol
Cheers
Brian

Offline parsonpaul

• View Profile
Re: 40" Red Kite
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:51:07 am »
Looks good - I want to see your life sized Osprey.

Claymore

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:50:05 pm »
Cheers Paul!    aye  I have a White Tailed and Golden Eagle to do aswell as the Osprey and I am working on another of these 40" Kites (its for a birthday present)
Others planned are Kingfisher and Spotted Woodpecker along with lots of wildlife, the place where they sell said basically make what you want if its wildlife it will sell 8-)  which is great because I get to experiment and get paid for it 8-)

Brian

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:46:00 pm »
Excellent work!  Good for you on the sales as well!

Karl

Claymore

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:22 am »
Cheers Karl!

Offline Dannyb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:42:11 am »
That is an AWESOME job!  I enjoy intarsia and am looking to do an eagle like this one to hang in my house.  If you don't mind me asking, where did you find this particular pattern and where did you buy your wood from?  Thanks in advance and spectacular job!

Claymore

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:02:11 am »
Cheers Danny, The Kite is a modified Kathy Wise pattern (it was a Hawk so i adapted it to look like a Red Kite as you cannot get a Kite pattern anywhere)
Cheers
Brian

SMF

Teknoromi