Author Topic: Norton removes Keychain maker as virus  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Northerner

• View Profile
Norton removes Keychain maker as virus
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:53:09 am »
i tried downloading Steve's Scrollsaw Keychain Maker (setupKeychain.exe) and my Norton anti-virus deletes it as unsafe.

i downloaded the Scrollsaw Pattern Maker and it was fine so not sure why Norton detected the other program as a virus?
is it possible the installer some how picked up a virus before being downloaded?

has anyone else run into this?
I love the smell of sawdust in the morning!

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Norton removes Keychain maker as virus
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:12:33 am »
Briefly pause Nortons Anti Virus and redownload the program, install it and then turn Norton back on.  Norton thinks it is the boss however it commonly misidentifies programs that do not have the proper credentials that it can recognize.  You know Steve's keychain program is safe so pause Norton, Download and Install the program and Renable Norton, and you should be good to go.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:27:27 pm »
I use to have big trust with norton but it got to where it tagged good programs and got to be a big memory hog. If norton runs a scan you may as well walk away its takes so much memory it made my computers really slow. Tried mcaffee same thing memory hog. Tried think it was avast it was ok but all the updates they put into it was awful.

I now use microsoft security essentials. Never had a issue does not take alot of memory and was reccomended by a well know good computer shop here in my town. Have been running it ever since along side malware bytes.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 11:37:45 pm »
I use to have big trust with norton but it got to where it tagged good programs and got to be a big memory hog. If norton runs a scan you may as well walk away its takes so much memory it made my computers really slow. Tried mcaffee same thing memory hog. Tried think it was avast it was ok but all the updates they put into it was awful.

I now use microsoft security essentials. Never had a issue does not take alot of memory and was reccomended by a well know good computer shop here in my town. Have been running it ever since along side malware bytes.

I use Kaspersky as well as Microsoft's product.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 08:03:49 pm »
i tried downloading Steve's Scrollsaw Keychain Maker (setupKeychain.exe) and my Norton anti-virus deletes it as unsafe.

i downloaded the Scrollsaw Pattern Maker and it was fine so not sure why Norton detected the other program as a virus?
is it possible the installer some how picked up a virus before being downloaded?

has anyone else run into this?

Bad steve is making computer viruses again.... <G

Norton is a stupid and should be remove computer your computer Norton antivirus is the virus in your computer not Steve key-chain.    Norton anti-virus software is unsafe for all computers.    I use vipre anti-virus.   
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 10:46:19 pm »
I gave up norton years ago, it was slow, was a resource hog, ate up memory and just slowed the computer down, and even let virus in. McCaffee was same way a resource hog. I used avast for a long time but it went under alot of changes and went downhill. I now use microsoft security essentials and malwarebtes. Never had any issues since, other than a program I had to use to download music from youtube was caught by maleware bytes as bad so they must of changed something in the program to get flagged.

SMF

Teknoromi