Author Topic: INQUIRING ABOUT ....WINDOWS 10....  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
INQUIRING ABOUT ....WINDOWS 10....
« on: May 23, 2016, 10:40:48 am »
I DO NOT HAVE THIS INSTALLED AT PRESENT, BUT KEEP GETTING THE POP UP ASKING TO INSTALL. 

BEING MAINLY A ....COMPUTER NEW THING FOLLOWER....WAS WONDERING IF NOW WOULD BE
THE RIGHT TIME TO GET INVOLVED WITH THIS? 

WOULD LOVE TO READ YOU THAT HAVE BEEN USING IT ALREADY AND YOUR FEED BACK.

THANKS VERY MUCH.... 
Danny  :+}

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Re: INQUIRING ABOUT ....WINDOWS 10....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »
Danny,  I purchased a cheapo RCA 2 in1 windows10 cambio laptop at walleyworld for under 90.00 to see how I would like 10. After a few weeks I did only this to my desktop b4 upgrading to 10: I did a disk clean, and I copied all my files and software that was purchased on line to my external hard drive just incase. The upgrade took 6+ hrs. the desktop is 6+ yrs old and I figured I had nothing to loose since the life of a computer averages 5 yrs I've been lucky.I did babysit the upgrade so I could manage any screen prompts.

I don't care for microsoft edge and use cortana for quick math finds. I use chrome when doing searches always enter windows 10 when searching ? about 10. My office 2003 works perfectly as does coreldraw 5x , the printshop 23.1 works even though folks say they have trouble with these products. I got lucky I guess. All my printer and scanner drives work fine after windows 7 to 10 upgrade. 10 is VERY User friendly, it's gotten so I like 10 better than 7. I also made a  recovery thumb drive for both my desktop upgraded to 10 and the RCA laptop.

I felt I best get onboard than be left behind. Good Luck to Ya.
GO PACK GO

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:24:28 pm »
I upgraded 2 laptops and a desktop as soon as it Windows 10 was available and I was really easy and I had no problems.  A couple of sites I frequent did not support Edge at first but now seem fine.

I am now using Defender and Malware bytes and have not had any virus or malware issues.

I like Edge. It seem faster than Chrome and I prefer the favorites bar. 

I use the traditional desktop but do go to a couple apps for sports etc and find those great.

Don

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:27:41 am »
This was posted on my other Scrolling site. 

I belong to a web site that have computer guru on it and they all agree to stay away from Windows 10.
It. Is not stable and you will have more problem with it, stick with Windows 7 as it is dry stable.

Now from your posts above it makes it harder to understand if its Good Or Not so Good. 

Think I will just pass for now and wait until the Majority agree that Windows 10 is free of all bugs and STABLE. 

Thanks for your inputs guys................Danny  :+}

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 09:17:51 am »
I have gotten conflicting reports as well.  So confusing.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:54:07 pm »
THIS MORNING WITH TURNING THE MONITOR BACK ON.  YES I SHUT IT DOWN

EACH NIGHT.  AND WHAT WAS THE VERY FIRST THING I SEE??  A COMPLETELY BLUE SCREEN WITH ....WINDOWS 10 SHOWING.

WANTED ME TO START THE INSTALLING PROCEDURE.  LIKE I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THIS.  DID SEE A SMALL LOGO AT THE

BOTTOM LEFT AND JUST DECIDED TO CLICK ON IT.  WELL IT SAID CLICK HERE AND MY OLD WINDOWS WOULD BE .........RESTORED.....

SAID IT WOULD TAKE SOME TIME.  IT TOOK JUST SHY OF 15 MINUTES BEFORE WINDOWS 7 WAS BACK TO NORMAL.

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED.  HOPE THERE MIGHT BE SOME COMMENTS ABOUT THIS.         Thanks in Advance....  Danny 

SMF

Teknoromi