Author Topic: how to stop windows 10 from being install on your windows 7 pc  (Read 3382 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
how to stop windows 10 from being install on your windows 7 pc
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:26:49 am »
this is great and easy to use. just make sure you get the newest version of this software before you do the windows updates.

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
Re: how to stop windows 10 from being install on your windows 7 pc
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:15:20 pm »
Hi Spiderman.....where were you 2 months ago?

I was one of the suckers that fell under the windows 10 attempts to hijack my computer. I updated my windows 7 only to find out (too late of course) that windows 10 was being installed instead. After checking on the internet on how to revert back to windows 7, I made those attempts and found out windows 10 had deleted some important files and could not do the wind back.
Now, after 2 months searching and checking, I have blocked their attempts to spy on my every move and keystroke and record where and what I am doing.

I would certainly not recommend that you install windows 10 as it is full of traps and problems. But after all, I believe they build these problems into the system so they have you by the short and curlys.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:30:30 am »
What makes everyone think that this is something new?  Do you really truly think that everything you type, every page you look at, every message you send, every password and login is not being recorded in several places you are kidding yourself.  I have worked in the IT field for almost 40 years and I can honestly tell you that your information is known in many places.  The only truly safe way to safeguard your information is to not be online at all.  Other than that you have the option NOT to use Microsoft.  There are a myriad of other operating systems out there.  The only real problem of course is most of the really neat, good and useful software has been written for Microsoft machines and not for the other OS's.  Sure there have been attempts to make a non Microsoft OS that is totally independent from Microsoft but that effort has essentially stalled in the middle 2000's.  The best you can realistically do is to do some research on how to turn off the things that you do not want to run.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:35:19 pm »
OH much thanks for posting this. I have been out of the loop for a long time, we had a major rain storm back in may last year and work had come to a halt. so I got behind on stuff and internet was a casualty to it. I had been borrowing the neighbors but hers got shut off, and just now able to get back on.

I did in fact have this win 10 reserved then it was released but after I heard bad stuff about it, locking up computers won't let them even boot up, crashing them and all sorts of other issues. So I delayed doign the update and after seeing this I was able to remove or at least hide it to keep it from installing on its own.

I am not in a postion to have to buy another computer from a failed update from microsoft, if I could I would like to learn another operating system and use it and get away from microsoft, though I hate macs so thats one I won't use.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »
Hi Spiderman.....where were you 2 months ago?
Dave.

Busting ghost why? and i die two months ago I came back to life boo!.

How do you like windows 10 Dave LOL ! ! ! ! ! ! !

That is one of the reasons i don't want windows 10 because of the windows updates and drivers updates and there is no way to stop it. And the bad updates from big crying baby Microsoft mess up the computers. THAT IS WHY I SAY STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS 10. OR MOVE OVER TO CHROME O/S. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:36:04 pm by spiderman »

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 11:41:35 pm »
OH much thanks for posting this. I have been out of the loop for a long time, we had a major rain storm back in may last year and work had come to a halt. so I got behind on stuff and internet was a casualty to it. I had been borrowing the neighbors but hers got shut off, and just now able to get back on.

I did in fact have this win 10 reserved then it was released but after I heard bad stuff about it, locking up computers won't let them even boot up, crashing them and all sorts of other issues. So I delayed doign the update and after seeing this I was able to remove or at least hide it to keep it from installing on its own.

I am not in a postion to have to buy another computer from a failed update from microsoft, if I could I would like to learn another operating system and use it and get away from microsoft, though I hate macs so thats one I won't use.

That is why i don't upgrade to windows 10 duh !  Microsoft is a big cray baby very childish forcing everyone to upgrade to windows 10 who cares if it is free or not big deal  Microsoft keep your hands off from my computer or i'll cut off those hands right below the elbows.   I hope there is going to be a lawsuit over this forcing people to upgrade to windows 10 if they want it or not.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 11:53:41 pm »

this is for windows 7

1    Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . ...
2   In the left pane, click Change settings.
3  Under Important updates, choose the option that you want.

and here a screen shot on how to disable windows updates and chose when to install them.

SMF

Teknoromi