Author Topic: Forum blocked - malicious content  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Aggrajag

• View Profile
Forum blocked - malicious content
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:21:12 am »
Starting today this forum is blocked by Web Root antivirus at my place of work owing to 'malicious content', no other details given :(

Posting this from my phone.

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: Forum blocked - malicious content
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:41:34 am »
After I retired, I consulted at a bank and it didn't take much to block a site.  It blocked most everything from youtube to news sites if the titles contained certain string values. IT also had a verification process on certificates.

The worst part was that your manager had a list of sites you tried to go to and got blocked.  I had programmers reporting to me that needed access so it was easy to release a site as I had high clearance.    I would not want and try and surf as a clerk.

Check with IT as to why.  It might be easy to fix.

Offline Aggrajag

• View Profile
Re: Forum blocked - malicious content
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 11:04:22 am »
Ironically I am actually the Head of IT and do have control over "content filters" but I'd never tamper with the approval settings of antivirus software when I can't guarantee that a third-party website ISN'T malicious. I wish this software (WebRoot) would give me a report on this website so I can test it further and possibly report it as a false-positive to the vendors but until then I'll stick to using it on my phone or at home.

SMF

Teknoromi