Author Topic: Add on for Firefox users  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
Add on for Firefox users
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:09 pm »
After reading many of the issues about many of members computer problems, most of you seem to be using Firefox as you browser. I also use Firefox as it leaves IE for dead. There is an add on that you can install for Firefox....It is called 'Ghostery'

It tracks all of the organisations and intruders wishing to interrupt your browsing and lets you know about them. From there, you can select the ads, malware and any other people that you don't want on your computer. Follow the link below to get your free copy of Ghostery.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghostery/

I have been using it for around 2 years now and I am very pleased with the way it stops unwanted intruders to my computer.

Dave
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
Re: Add on for Firefox users
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:30:51 am »
After reading many of the issues about many of members computer problems, most of you seem to be using Firefox as you browser. I also use Firefox as it leaves IE for dead. There is an add on that you can install for Firefox....It is called 'Ghostery'

It tracks all of the organisations and intruders wishing to interrupt your browsing and lets you know about them. From there, you can select the ads, malware and any other people that you don't want on your computer. Follow the link below to get your free copy of Ghostery.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghostery/

I have been using it for around 2 years now and I am very pleased with the way it stops unwanted intruders to my computer.

this is way better then ghostery    https://adblockplus.org/

Dave
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 09:51:49 am »
I have been using Ghostery with Firefox for a few years and like it.   It keeps tracking cookies out of my system.

The only problem is that Ghostery can disable some features of some web sites that use the trackers that Ghostery blocks.  Generally the site works but a feature might not.  As I recall, on one site, when I click to check the inventory in the store, it doesn't work until I go into Ghostery to enable that tracker.  It isn't hard to do but some sites have more than 5 blocked trackers so it takes a few minutes to find the correct tracker to enable to check the inventory.

I don't run into this as often as I used to, perhaps the site coders are finding better ways to code without using trackers.

Good luck with it,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 05:55:49 pm »
Not real computer literate but I use Norton 360 (not free) and it seems to solve any problems

SMF

Teknoromi