Author Topic: new windows 10 privacy must read  (Read 1865 times)

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
new windows 10 privacy must read
« on: September 30, 2015, 01:14:10 am »
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/09/28/privacy-and-windows-10/

Tell us what you think of this privacy from Microsoft pros and cons.
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: new windows 10 privacy must read
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 05:01:19 am »
As someone that has worked in the IT Field since 1984 I personally am not a very trusting person when it comes to what Microsoft says that they are collecting.  In my experience they are much like a politician they play right at the very edge of being legal.  While you upon installation can turn off SOME of the data being collected you can not get it all and even here you have to be on your toes a bit as they will try to slide it past you if you use the mode where they have made all the choices and you let them set up data surveillance on your computer.  Now it is not all bad there are good points to WIN10 but personally I am waiting a bit until they get more of the bugs worked out.  We have just under a year ( 10 Months ) left to do that upgrade and get it free.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

thewoodartist

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:27:36 am »
I updated back when it first came available for download. I love it. After installing it I ran my computer cleaner and yes had a lot of things that started tracing after installing it but after cleaning took care of it all. As far as the bugs, there were a few in the first week but since have had no problems with it. Win10 is a combination of all the good things about other ones put into this one. Now understand I also after downloading the free one I upgraded to the Pro version. Didn't ever really use the free version other than to set my computer up again before upgrading.

Offline herrwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 11:27:49 am »
Windows 10 came on a new laptop I purchased. I routinely turn off all feedback requests but I am not too concerned with anyone looking in my "window" they are not going to see anything exciting. I have been using computers since the mid 80's so i would think all I have to offer has already been collected. 
 My 1st computer was a kaypro 2 running a cpm operating system and I have not seen any great improvements since just a lot more bells and whistles 

SMF

Teknoromi