Author Topic: Peterbuilt Truck Plans.... :+}  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Peterbuilt Truck Plans.... :+}
« on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:48 pm »
Well Christmas is just around the corner, so I decided to give making a Peterbilt Truck with all the extras for my Oldest Great Grand-Son.  His Dad drives one for his job.  He is just turning 4 years old. 

Anyway....I HAVE..NEVER.. GIVEN THIS TYPE OF PROJECT EVEN A THOUGHT MUCH LESS BUILDING....so....  I am HOPING someone in our Scroll Family has some expertise advise and ....TIPS....Lots of tips on how to get started.  The plans suggest MDF wood which I have NEVER messed with.  I HAVE BOUGHT THE PLANS FOR THIS PROJECT ALREADY.  From Toymakingplans.com.    And would you believe there are....43....PAGES?  Very, very through I say........Anyway I give THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help....  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Peterbuilt Truck Plans.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:54:59 am »
Danny: you don't have to use MDF real is better.
I have done a few projects from "Toymaker" and the plans are many, but very easy to follow.
A kid could follow them so you got a head start on them, you got the tools  ;D

Anyway have fun and if I can follow the plans anyone cxan.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 10:16:20 am »
I for another would not use MDF.
I would use any other solid wood and just shellac it to leave the grain and/or color show through. Even soft pine has an interesting grain at times and variations in the color.
Sometimes if you use two different colored woods together in the right way, the project seems to look better than painting MDF. Not to mention the dust problems with MDF.
Also, if you have a pattern with FORTY THREE pages and very detailed instructions what other advice could any of us give you that would help? Even I don't make tutorials 43 pages long even if it seems "over done" to many other people.  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 07:45:02 am »
And I THANK YOU BOTH for your input.  This being my FIRST attempt I was just trying to get tips to Inspire me.  Danny  :+}

P.S.  The 43 pages actually consist of different plans for different things besides the Peterbilt Tractor and Trailor.  I would say that TOYMAKING PLANS go to Great Lengths with each plan. 
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi