Author Topic: Southern Oregon  (Read 2930 times)

hognut

Southern Oregon
« on: February 04, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »
Are there any So. OR shows, swap meets, groups etc for scroll sawing? Thank you for any Information.

Gary C

Offline Gadois

• View Profile
Re: Southern Oregon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:04 am »
Hi Gary,

I live in Medford Oregon and I too would like to know if any scrollsaw hobyists are around.

Cheers, Gadois
If you can't learn how to do something well, learn how to enjoy doing it poorly.

hognut

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:38:29 am »
Hello Gadois,
It's nice meeting you. I live in Grants Pass. I do not have a saw yet but I am looking for one. There are not many places to look at them here in GP. Do you have any suggestions for stores in Medford that carry scroll saws? I looked at Lowes and Home Depot in Medford yesterday but they didn't stock them.

Gary C
gecalland@gmail.com

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:11:47 pm »
Gary,
You can order a saw online from both Lowe's or HD and have it delivered for free to your local store.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

hognut

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 02:38:02 pm »
Hello Dunk,
Thank you for your reply. I was hoping to be able to actually "see and touch" the different brand of saws prior to buying. I guess it's kind of and "old guy" thing. If I can't see them I guess I will just have to look at the pictures and order. I have done a lot of looking on the net and reading pros and cons. I was hoping to get a saw in the next couple of weeks. - Gary C

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »
It is my understanding if you are no pleased with your purchase you can still return it to the store you picked it up from as well.  I agree with wanting to touch and feel a new tool prior to purchase though.  Good luck in your search.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline Gadois

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:14 am »

Hello Gary C,

Medford Tools carry the Excalibur scrollsaws. Their phone number is 541 772-0144. Talk to Dave Williams. I bought my EX 16 there. I had a Hegner some time ago but I prefer the EX.
Cheers, Gadois
If you can't learn how to do something well, learn how to enjoy doing it poorly.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »
I have owned a Dewalt for years and very happy with it. However I plan on getting a EX21 and use my Dewalt as a back-up when the money allows it.

SMF

Teknoromi