Author Topic: Richland Center, WI Picnic  (Read 6066 times)

GWhit

Re: Richland Center, WI Picnic
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 05:42:51 pm »
class on bandsaws??? did I miss a website somewhere??
It's on list of classes.  Fri  11 to 1  "Lets be creative with our basndsaws" given by Barbara Peters of P S Wood machines  $9
website is  midwesttradeshow.com.
See you there
Gordon

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »
went to the show today w/wife, wow do I have a lot to learn!!! probably going back tomorrow w/brother
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 08:32:51 pm »
Hey yguy, Tell us all about the show! What did you see? Did you run into anybody from the forum? Details... details... details!!!
Dan In Southern California

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 11:30:21 pm »
Didn't see anyone from here as far as I know, since this was my first I was overwhelmed with workmanship, detail-detail-detail.  I have so far to go to consider myself at that level.  Picked up some nice thin cut hardwoods, several distributors there, and a few items I had heard of but never tried and saw some I didn't  know existed for scrolling. I sat with Denny (a wood carver) for nearly an hour while he gave me free instructions on the proper use of carving tools a hobby I would also like to learn.  I'm going back tomorrow (it's only an hr. from my home) cuz I know I missed alot.  Quite a few saws on display. There were several guys there doing coin cutting, I had never seen that done before. The wife said"ooooh I like that, why don't you try that one", way too many times.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 07:26:42 pm »
went again to Richland Center, met Mytoya, jeez, you'd think she was being paid to hawk their stuff there, she's been scrolling for 9 yrs. and sure helped me a lot, was dragging me from one vendor to another suggesting various items, got a foot switch I had been looking for, a few other items to make my scrolling easier and better looking - thanks again Mytoya will keep in touch!! (Note to Midwest Scrolling Show: next time hire Mytoya as a dealer rep.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 08:30:59 pm »
I was hoping to get a report from Mytoya, Haven't seen her on for awhile.
Where are you Mytoya?

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »
dgman - as of Sat she was in Chicago, didn't say when she'd return to Ca., probably away from computer

Mytoya

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:31 pm »
Hi All, I am just returning home from Chicago today. I took the Amtrak train. 3 days there and 3 days back.. I will post a link to pics tomorrow I am pooped.

@...yyyyyguy ... Did you plug in your peddle and get to work??? It was really good to meet you. I am sorry for holding you hostage at the show. As you can see I am very passionate about Scrolling.  I bought a few new patterns and some wood I can't wait to cut some of it...I should have some projects to show in a couple of weeks.. Yippee
Keep in touch!

I love my Dewalt!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:44:23 pm by Mytoya »

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 12:14:44 am »
Good to have you back Mytoya, Looking forward to you report!

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 11:47:10 am »
Mytoya, peddle works great, took me a few times to remember NOT to turn it off at the switch - LOL

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »
Glad to hear you are home safe. Sounds like you had a good time. Waiting for the pics!!!  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Mytoya

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 11:57:51 am »
Hi all,
 I have not had luck trying to post a link from my facebook page from the picnic. So I am posting a link to Rich Hutchinsons page where he has lots of pics of the picnic. I will keep trying to get my pics on this site Monday. I am on my way to a wedding and wont be home until Monday.

Wisconsin 2010 Picnic Pictures at link below click on the link when you get to the page.
http://www.scrollsaws.com/

About the picnic... I had a Blast. It was so good to meet everyone in person and see different cuttings up close.
 The finishes on some of the projects were perfect. I had the honor of staying a couple of days with Pat Lupori.
 Her and her husband a great hosts. Scrollers are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I couldn't get enough of the show. I look forward to attending another show next year...

SMF

Teknoromi