Author Topic: Simple trucks  (Read 8480 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Simple trucks
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 03:01:40 pm »
Don't mean to revive an old thread, but a sincere thank you from a newbie on the forum here, EIEIO for sharing of the pattern!!! 
I hope you like them. The oak has a nice weight, but a pine 2x4 will also work. I've since then gotten used to making the wheels. There are a few tutorials for doing that. It's easier than it looks if you have a belt sander to clean up to the line. But if you're in a hurry, the Hobby Lobby wheels are pretty good - but add $1 to the material cost.

I saw an Instructable where a guy used hair clippers to cut roadways into a carpet remnant. That would be a nice adder to these trucks.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

TheKingmontKid

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:24 pm »
Yes sir, i just got an order in last week of 250 1" wheels from American WoodWorking Supply (i think) plus some clock inserts. Ive been using the outlines of pickups, camaros, mustangs, beetles, etc to make 3-4" little pocket cars. Ive been making mine out of whatever scraps i have left over which is notmally 3/4" stock. Try to use up everything i can and get the most out of it. Any hardwoods i leave alone and hit with a little shellac. The pines and poplar i paint. IMO, its sacrilegious to paint hardwoods. :-).  They go great at shows for $3 or 2 for $5. Especially when a youngin is with their mom and pestering her. ;-)

sjc5656

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 02:10:03 am »
Just got on the forum and saw this pattern for toy trucks, got a copy because they go nicely with other patterns I have. Thanks, EIEIO

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 07:17:48 am »
Nice work! Thanks for the pattern.i grabed copy for truck.
Pierre

SMF

Teknoromi