Author Topic: 3D HEAD PATTERN  (Read 5801 times)

rochar3

3D HEAD PATTERN
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:49:59 am »
Love this concept, but I can not find out where to download the pattern. Am I missing something?
Thanks
Bob

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: 3D HEAD PATTERN
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:13:30 am »
Go to his blog: www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com
Scroll down to where it says Daily Post Starts here.
Dan In Southern California

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:10:44 am »
He forgot to post the pattern at first, he has fixed it.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Becky

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:56:25 pm »
I love the concept too.  This is on my list for when I can warm up the shop a little (should be soon now!).  Be sure to post a picture when you finish the project.  I would love to see it.

BULL65

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:28:30 am »
How about a skull pattern along the lines of the 3D Head?

Offline phantom scroller

• I'm Over the pond or In a pond. Hartpury in UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:28:37 am »
Love it looks great just want the rest of the body now to stand outside my shop. lol  ;D

Roly

multifasited

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 02:56:31 pm »
Love it looks great just want the rest of the body now to stand outside my shop. lol  ;D

Roly
   I hope you find a real buy on BB or have a heavy bill fold ,a skull pattern should not be difficult ,just a long the lines of my scrollsaw black bear head .I'll shoot and post a PIX.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:03:24 pm by multifasited »

multifasited

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:48:02 pm »
PIX

The skull or other 3-D could be made the same way!!

countryscroller

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 08:47:08 am »
Nice buck multifasited

Offline phantom scroller

• I'm Over the pond or In a pond. Hartpury in UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:06 pm »
PIX

The skull or other 3-D could be made the same way!!
Wow they look good great job on that bear head thanks for showing.

Roly

multifasited

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »
IT all started as a LARK ,just to see if how well It would work,Ihave thought about the too smooth too shiny finish .was going to redo to go for the fur look ,rough textured neck and shorter face and head ,but I think I may make another and incorporate that and a few other accents on the next and save this one to compare and use as mock up as I just made from sketches ,no pattern or measurements ever kept ,One of my son's went on a bear hunt ,and got a nice male ,be 8 months before rug would be done and shipped ,I thought I would be a lark to have one hanging on the wall when he got home ,and came by with the pictures of the trophy ! So I hurried !!

Leo Koenders

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 06:00:51 am »
Nice concept, but i miss a fixing point to put it all together. Who has a good tip for me?
Leo from the Netherlands.

multifasited

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »
After all pieces of the skull pattern are cut and #ed,center the layers starting with the widest area ,up or down ,after it sets up ,turn it  over and do the same think ,then finish shaping to your likeing !
The Bear is made out of 3/4" ply ,mainly to allow for the internal mouth ,tongue and teeth details,prior
 to assembly ,final external shaping done after assembly .I hope thats what you were asking !! 

Becky

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:09 pm »
I finally got this together.  Cutting all the pieces was simple if a little tedious and it sure did eat up a lot of plywood.  The glue up was the real challenge.  I eventually just downloaded the pattern maker Steve pointed to in his blog entry.  I was able to recreate the pattern (the head is included in the software) and the assembly instructions go piece by piece so I could try to match the placement of each piece as I (slowly) assembled it.  The can in the picture is to give a size reference.

multifasited

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:33:20 pm »
Now theres a chalenge for all you pattern makers out there to do somebodies portrate ,and convert to 3-D head ,That would Be COOL!

SMF

Teknoromi