Author Topic: I got away with it!!  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
I got away with it!!
« on: October 13, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
This morning I needed to glue 14 simple patterns onto a piece of 1/4" plywood. I was in a hurry so I quickly sprayed glue on the paper patterns, arranged them on the plywood and covered them with clear packing tape and headed for the drill press. There were four holes that needed to be drilled in each of the 14 pieces before cutting on the scroll saw. As I was leaving the work bench, I notice a can of spray shellac sitting right where I had left the spray glue.?!? ??? NOW WAIT I said to self, don't tell me that I glued my patterns on with SHELLAC!  ::) Yep, that is exactly what I had done!  :o
Well, now, I am  NOT going to copy that simple pattern another 14 times, peal all of this stuff off and re glue all those patterns again so, I'll just press on and see what happens. ;D
Well, let me tell you that it worked just fine! ;) :D and the patterns stayed in place and were as easy as pie to remove!
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending that anyone give up on spray glue and start using shellac instead. But, in a pinch, when you run out of glue at exactly the wrong time, you might try shooting a coat of shellac and stick the pattern on before it dries. You might get lucky too. :D :D :D

Rog 
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Al W

• View Profile
Re: I got away with it!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »
Not the first time something useful was found "by mistake".

Thanks for the information.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »
Thanks for the tip, Rog.  I picked up a can of spray paint the other day, instead of the spray lacquer, and used it by mistake.  Not good.    :o

Barry

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:08:34 am »
I guess if you do this long enough,, it will happen.  A few months back I started spraying clear laquer on a piece and quickly noticed the smell wasn't right. Had the spray glue. No damage, just some clean up time
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:22:10 am »
We've all done it sometime and picked up the wrong thing.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

ChuckD

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »
For example I grabbed a can of spray glue to clean my windshield on my car.  Not a good idea..:(

SMF

Teknoromi