Author Topic: Texas Picnic  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
Texas Picnic
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:34:44 pm »
The Texas Scroll Saw Picnic will be June 11 and12 in Denton, TX.  We would love to see a bunch of you there.  All the info is at www.dfwscrollers.com.

Norm

cherie

Re: Texas Picnic
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »
I AM GOING TO BE THERE!!!!!  May not have a place to stay, but the check has cleared so now we have to show up.  LOL

cherie

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 04:10:56 pm »
I mean WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE!!!  I guess I forgot I was newly married.  (me bad)

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:53:12 pm »
Not looking like i can afford to go but still trying.  Who all is going? (aside from businesses and vendors)

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »
I am a little confused.  Do they charge to let us show off our stuff on a table?

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 07:30:15 pm »
I believe it is $5 per piece to enter the contest. There will be bragging tables on Saturday.
Pat B

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:05:03 pm »
I may only be able to go on Saturday.  Is that the only day of contests? Does it cost to have bragging tables?

cherie

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:15 pm »
By the way all, my extra batteries for my camera came today, now I just need another SD card and I am set to shoot ya'll!  Be ready to smile ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:32 pm »
Contest is judged on Saturday. Friday there are seminars, and some more on Saturday. It's all on the Dallas Ft. Worth Club's web site, dfwscrollers. com.
Pat B

Offline scrollriffic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 05:22:05 pm »
There will be no charge to put things on the brag table but $5 to enter the contest.SAW members get a discount.I encourage all who come to bring something at least to the brag table.It doesn't have to be perfect and there will be lots of great scrollers to help you with any questions.It is a fun time for amature to expert. Bobby

denis_muras

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 04:16:36 pm »
Hello Everyone,

The Texas Scrollsaw Picnic was great fun. I was told that there were 17 Vendors present this year, up from 12 last year. Contest entries were down though, so any entry likely received a ribbon. Dirk Boelman was there with his fantastic patterns and projects. Three wood vendors. Seyco introduced their new 16 in version of the Excaliber. The new supplies for the Hawk scrollsaw was there to introduce there new "portable" 16" Hawk coming in at 36 lbs.

If you ever wanted to get to talk to the people who scroll and to the suppliers to the craft, the Texas Scrollsaw Picnic was the place to be. The Houston Scrollsaw group had about 10 of us. The Best of Show went to a Houstonian. Cherie posted a number of pictures on her facebook page. I am hoping that Lyndal gets pictures on the DFW Scrollers website soon. Look here for last year's pictures:

http://dfwscrollers.com/Picnic/picnic-slideshow/index.html

and keep an eye out for this year's...

Denis

SMF

Teknoromi