Author Topic: Dewalt 788 for sale  (Read 5254 times)

northie66

Dewalt 788 for sale
« on: July 22, 2012, 10:44:19 am »
Great used condition.  The only issue it has and I wouldn't really call it an issue is that the plastic bendable piece that attaches to the unit to blow air is cracked on the area it attaches... so it would need a little duct tape to stay one... or a new one purchased.

Other than that, no problems.  There is no stand and no extra attachments like a light.  I'd like to get $325 for it.

Janet

UPDATE:  I forgot to mention I'm in Southern York County PA.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:53:25 am by Janet »

northie66

Re: Dewalt 788 for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:26:26 pm »
Bump.  Still haven't put it on Craigslist.   :P

northie66

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:29:37 pm »
If anyone is interested, email me at janet5130@comcast.net.

Sorry for any late replies... I thought my forum messages would come to my email but they didn't.  :-\

northie66

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »
Nevermind on this sale.  I'm just going to keep it.  I want to mention this though.  I bought the Dewalt 788 thinking if I decided I didn't want to do the hobby anymore, it would have more resale value than the other brands.  Problem is, there's not much demand for scroll saws.  So, I'm just going to keep it.  It might come in handy someday... or I may get back into it.  Who knows.  Just thought I'd mention that for someone possibly thinking of trying out the hobby.  Might be better to start with a "cheapie".

Offline gap15102

• You should see what I saw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:12:56 pm »
Janet:

I see this is an old post but I noticed that the air hose cracked on your D788.  This also happen on mine.  I took off the cracked segment, heated the big end on the next good one with a paint stripping heat gun (very hot) and slid it on the saw.  Worked perfectly.

SMF

Teknoromi