Author Topic: New Scroll Saw Vacuum  (Read 14852 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: New Scroll Saw Vacuum
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »
Saw this at the show and i like the idea but not sure how to hook it up with my custom made stand. Will tak the concept home with me and see how I can work it out. Disposable filter bags are not my idea of the best idea but they can be emptied, vacuumed and re-used until worn out.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »
The vacuum on the Seyco site can be found under "Accessories". It is the last item.
Pat B

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 03:23:37 pm »
Ray gave me a good demo on this vac...
When I can figure out how to mount it on my custom stand I will grab one. Good strong draw on the vacuum end and kept his demo area clean all day.
The disposable filters should be no problem, from what I saw they can be 'dumped and re-used until they virtually wear out.
Very low noise so that would be a big plus and the smaller motor would be also a big reduction in current drain for those of us with few circuits in our shops.

You know the drill...turn on fan, turn on shop vac, turn on saw, turn on lighted magnifier, compressor kicks in...reset breaker and turn off something and try again!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:21 pm »
I purchased the previous vacuum system from Ray.  It uses a small Shop Vac unit and while it may have been a bit quieter it was still loud.  I did use the vacuum hose accessory he sold with it that could be bought seperately.  I mounted the rectangular head under the table of my EX21 with the opening just to the left side of the blade opening.  It's held in place by a fairly large Ty-Rap designed to be screwed down to a chassis, etc.  I took the front left bolt out of the table, ran it thru the Ty-Rap mount and refastened it.  This completely eliminated the sawdust I usually had under the table.  I used other Ty-Raps to fasten the hose to the saw stand leg, down to the vac. 

If one could buy or make a "Y" fitting for the hose, adding that might take care of the sawdust on top as well.  I have a pedestal fan off to my left (I'm left handed) blowing across the table and a box fan with filter running just to my right.  Very little saw dust when I'm working, and the fan keeps me cool in the summer!
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 05:08:32 am »
The EX21 we get here in the U.K.has a series of round holes in about a 4"circle around the longer hole for the blade, and underneath is a dedicated dust extraction port. it almost totally eliminates the dust under the saw and the suction has the added advantage of assisting to hold the work down.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:15:35 am by Keefie »
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:21 pm »
I have thought about drilling some holes in my table.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

SMF

Teknoromi